"In the voluntary sector people work hard, have little money, are very committed, and care a lot...some how it must be good...BUT at end of the day what difference does the work make?
- How do we know what is being achieved- the results, if any, of the work? Are they meeting people‘s needs- which people? It is not enough to say 'We are doing a good job'.
- What do users/members/clients/beneficiaries think about how they do our work?
- What do the funders think- is their money well spent?
- What are they trying to achieve- and how will they know we they are succeeding? Are they effective?
- What needs to change and how?
The answers to these questions are discovered through evaluation."
Source: Evaluation Trust
For problems with this page contact Shon Bunkley.